The Amsterdam Ice Bar is one of the coolest places in Amsterdam (literally) and definitely in the top 10 of things to do in Amsterdam. This amazing bar is kept at a constant temperature of -10 degrees Celsius and everything is made entirely out of ice.
Corona / COVID19 update
As of 25 February 2022, most of the corona / COVID19 measures in the Netherlands have expired.
- Restaurants, attractions, museums and nightlife can open again according to regular opening hours.
- A distance of 1.5 metres no longer needs to be kept
- Mouth masks are no longer compulsory.
- The corona admission ticket (QR code) is no longer needed to go to a restaurant, attraction or museum.
- Most travel restrictions are lifted. Visit the official website of rijksoverheid.nl for more information
The ice rink on the Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam will be open this winter after all! From March 3 to March 31, 2022, you can skate on the ice again at this unique location in the centre of Amsterdam.
What to expect at the Amsterdam Ice Bar?
The hottest bar in Amsterdam also happens to be the coldest, just around the corner from Amsterdam’s famous Rembrandt Square. Your ticket gets you entrance to this teeth-chatteringly awesome spot, plus three free drinks, snuggly thermals to wear, and an adventure into the North Pole.
Your host Willem Barentsz will welcome you into his world as a top Dutch explorer and thrust you into the experience of living on his ship – The Mercury – in 1596. Will you be able to tough it out in such extreme cold when the ship gets stranded? Frozen fingers crossed.
Once you’ve had your welcome cocktail in the lounge, you’ll be led through to the second room, which is chilled to a perfect -10°C. Your jaw will drop to the freezing floor when you first see the bar: they used 60 tons of natural ice to sculpt it into shape. The walls, the art, the furniture, in fact everything – including your glass – is made of ice!
You’ll get two more drinks to warm your insides – once you’re in your snuggly thermal coat and gloves. Choose from beers, shots or orange juices and soak up the rainbow effects of the state-of-the-art lighting. You’ll never drink anywhere cooler than this; it’s a great place to start – or finish – a night of partying on the Rembrandtplein!
Opening hours for the Ice Bar Amsterdam
The Ice Bar in Amsterdam is open all year round and has the following opening hours:
- Monday | 13.00 – 01.00
- Tuesday | 13.00 – 01.00
- Wednesday | 13.00 – 01.00
- Thursday | 13.00 – 01.00
- Friday | 13.00 – 01.00
- Saturday | 12.00 – 02.40
- Sunday | 12.00 – 02.40
Prices for the Ice Bar including 3 drinks
A minimum age of 18 is required to enter the Ice Bar. You pay an entrance fee and get three drinks. You must book in advance. Choose a day and time slot below and enjoy a unique experience.
The price includes:
- Entrance to Ice Bar Amsterdam
- 3 free drinks (a welcome cocktail in the front lounge bar, then two shots, ice cold beers or orange juice in the ice-cold section
- Special clothing required for the Ice Bar
These drinks are included
When you enter the bar, you’ll receive three free tokens to exchange for drinks, two silver and one golden token. The first bar you’ll enter is our ‘heated’ front bar. Here you can exchange your golden token and order from a more extensive menu. After you’ve enjoyed your first drink, you will be transported to the artic in the actual ice bar in the back where you can exchange your two silver tokens for beer, strong alcohol shots or orange juice.
Drinks in the front lounge bar
In this bar, we offer a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Try our famous cocktail ‘Amsterdamned’ for example, which is a mix of gin, peach liqueur, cranberry juice and freshly squeezed lime juice. Or you can just sit back, relax and sip from a large glass of Heineken beer. Are you not a big fan of alcohol? That’s no problem for us. We offer various non-alcoholic beverages like soft or hot drinks and a selection of virgin cocktails. Choose from Mojito, Sex on the Beach or Amsterdamned without alcohol.
In the front bar your options include:
- Heineken beer 0.35cl
- White wine (sauvignon blanc)
- 5 kind of Cocktails:
- Sex on the beach (white vodka + Bols peach liqueur + orange juice + grenadine)
- Amsterdamned (gin + Peach liqueur + cranberry juice + squeezed lime)
- Arctic Icebar (Blue Curacao + gin + 7up + peach syrup)
- Mojito (Rum Bacardi + mint + lime + syrup sugar + brown sugar + Soda water)
- Caipiroska (Red or white vodka + lime + syrup sugar + brown sugar + Soda water)
Non-alcoholic cocktails (Mojito, Sex on the Beach or Amsterdamned without alcohol)
- Gin tonic (Larios gin + Royal club tonic)
- Soft drinks (Pepsi, Pepsi Zero, 7-up, tonic, orange juice or cranberry juice)
- Hot drinks (coffee, tea and hot chocolate)
Drinks inside the actual Ice Bar
After you’ve enjoyed your first drink in the front lounge bar, we’ll give you a coat and gloves to prepare you for your journey to Nova Zembla, where it will be -10 degrees Celsius. In the ice bar, you can exchange your two silver tokens for a beer, shots or orange juice. All served in a glass made entirely of ice.
In the actual ice bar you can choose from:
- Heineken beer
- Shots (whipped cream vodka, nuts & nougat vodka, Sambuca shot or shot of rum)
- Orange juice
Directions to the Ice Bar
The Amsterdam Ice Bar is located in the centre of Amsterdam.
- 194-196 Amstel
- 1017 AG Amsterdam