The Christmas Market Amsterdam is not at one location but at several locations in Amsterdam. Besides shopping, many Christmas markets also offer many other (winter) activities. Go ice-skating on an (indoor) ice-skating rink, take a ride on a Ferris wheel or enjoy the most delicious food and drinks at one of the cosy food stalls.
Corona / COVID19 update
As of 25 February 2022, most of the corona / COVID19 measures in the Netherlands have expired.
- Restaurants, attractions, museums and nightlife can open again according to regular opening hours.
- A distance of 1.5 metres no longer needs to be kept
- Mouth masks are no longer compulsory.
- The corona admission ticket (QR code) is no longer needed to go to a restaurant, attraction or museum.
- Most travel restrictions are lifted. Visit the official website of rijksoverheid.nl for more information
The ice rink on the Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam will be open this winter after all! From March 3 to March 31, 2022, you can skate on the ice again at this unique location in the centre of Amsterdam.
After 2 years, the Christmas markets in Amsterdam may finally be held again. Of course, this will be celebrated in a big way. Below, we’ve listed all of Amsterdam’s Christmas markets for you. Including location, admission prices and an overview of all the activities you can do at the Christmas market.
With all extra activities young and old enjoy the unique Christmas atmosphere in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Besides the large Christmas markets, which can often be visited for several weeks, there are also small Christmas markets that are often only held for one or two days.
Christmas Market Museumplein | Ice*Village
Chirstmas Market Amsterdam Ice Village is the most special Christmas village in Holland. It is located on the unique Museumplein next to ice rink Ice Amsterdam. The special Christmas Village has a unique atmosphere and a beautiful ice rink where young and old can enjoy the wonderful Dutch winter atmosphere. Around the ice rink, there are many Christmas stalls where you can buy the nicest articles, a hot chocolate and, of course, a plate of traditional Dutch ‘poffertjes’!
- Location: Museumplein Amsterdam
- Price: free
- Opening days and times: From 15 December to 26 December 2021
- More info on Christmas market Amsterdam
Christmas Market RAI | Amsterdam Winter Paradise
One of the biggest winter events in Amsterdam is the annual Amsterdam Winter Paradise, which is held in the RAI Amsterdam for several weeks. During the Amsterdam Winter Paradise, there is plenty to do both during the day and in the evenings. You can skate on a large indoor and outdoor ice rink, but cross-country skiing is also possible. Of course, après-ski is a must, with many artists performing. The Ferris wheel provides a great overview of the Christmas activities. Although Christmas stalls are also present, the Amsterdam Winter Paradise focuses more on the activities and snacks and drinks than on shopping.
- Location: RAI Amsterdam – Europaplein 24 – Amsterdam
- Price: Day ticket € 23.50 | Evening ticket € 14.50
- Opening days: from Sunday 19 December 2021 to Monday 3 January 2022
- More info on Amsterdam Winter Paradise
Pure Markt Winter Market Edition | 19/12/21
On the site of Amsterdam’s former city nursery, you will find Park Frankendael, the city’s largest and most important ecological park. The historic gardens surrounding country estate Frankendael have been restored to their former glory, and Huize Frankendael is now home to restaurant Merkelbach. Large lawns and the Slingerpad make this location perfect for the Pure Markt. During the market, the stalls along the paved path are under the watchful eye of Mr and Mrs Stork in their nest. At our picnic areas you can enjoy a snack and a drink from one of our special participants. For the children, there are several playgrounds and other activities. In the old greenhouse complex you will also find restaurant de Kas and part of their nursery.
- Location: Park Frankendeal – Amsterdam
- Price: Adult () Not known yet | Kids () Not known yet
- Opening days and times: 19 December 11:00 – 17:00
Christmas Markets on the Amsterdam Winter Festival Map
Because we know that it is often difficult to find a location in a city, we have placed the best winter activities in Amsterdam on a map. This way you can quickly see where to find the best Christmas market in Amsterdam.