Amsterdam has a vibrant nightlife throughout the year with many restaurants, cafes and discotheques. During the Winter Festival, the evening starts early and the ice-skating rinks and Christmas markets have entertaining evening programmes with music and entertainment. But the city has so much more to offer. Start your evening at the Heineken Experience or at the new AMAZE by dance organisation ID&T. Check out our tips for getting your evening off to a great start in Amsterdam.
Hard Rock Cafe
An evening in Amsterdam should, of course, be accompanied by a delicious meal. There are many great restaurants in the city. But we want to highlight one. The Hard Rock Cafe Amsterdam is ideally located to start off your evening. Of course the restaurant has the famous Hard Rock Cafe atmosphere but the Amsterdam branch is one of the finest. The restaurant is located right on a charming canal, between the green Vondelpark and the bustling Leidseplein.
- Location: Max Euweplein 57-61, 1017 MA, Amsterdam
- Price: Mid price range. One Original Legendary® Burger with fries € 15,50
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 11:00 to 22:00 | Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 to 22:00
ICE Bar Amsterdam
The Amsterdam Ice Bar is one of the coolest places in Amsterdam (literally) and definitely in the top 10 of things to do in Amsterdam. This amazing bar is kept at a constant temperature of -10 degrees Celsius and everything is made entirely out of ice.
- Location: Amstel 194-196, 1017 AG, Amsterdam
- Price: Adult (18+) € 22,50
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 13:00 to 01:00 | Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 to 02:40
Amsterdam has played an important role in the history of the Dutch dance scene. Today, the dance scene is a major export and Dutch DJs, parties and festivals are favoured by dance lovers all over the world. One of the key players in history, ID&T, has created a unique concept in the centre of Amsterdam with AMAZE in 2021.
ID&T’s festivals are known for their amazing shows that allow you to escape from reality for a while. You will experience the same at the new AMAZE.
- Location: Elementenstraat 25, 014 AR, Amsterdam
- Price: Adult (18+) € 26,95 | Kids (10-17) € 13,50
- Opening Hours:
- Wednesday: 15.00 – 21.00
- Thursday: 15.00 – 22.00
- Friday: 15.00 – 22.30
- Saturday: 12.00 – 22.30
- Sunday: 12.00 – 21.00
The world-famous Heineken® Brewery opened in 1867, but even in the 21st century you can still come here for a beer. Learn all about this famous brand of beer with an immersive attraction in the old brewery, complete with mini-tasting. For beer lovers, this is the promised land. Arrive thirsty.
This 90-minute journey through the world of Heineken is an exhilarating experience. Immerse yourself in the Heineken heritage, the history and, of course, the beer.
- Location: Stadhouderskade 78, 1072 AE, Amsterdam
- Price (including two drinks): Adult (18+) € 19,50 | Kids (12-17) € 14,50 | Kids (0-11) Free
- Opening Hours: Daily 12.00 – 21.00
The Upside Down
Is your mind playing tricks on you, or is that really someone walking on the ceiling? You’ll have to get inside The Upside Down to find out! It’s part museum, part nightclub, part psychedelic trip to a whole new dimension – there’s nothing else like it!
Forget what you think you know and let your cameras help you distort reality. Immerse yourself in modern art, dive into a giant ball pit, enter an infinite world below sea level and… let’s keep the rest a surprise.
- Location: Europaboulevard 5, 1079 PC, Amsterdam
- Price: Adult (13+) € 24,95 | Kids (3-12) € 15,95 | Kids (0-2) Free
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday 10:00 to 19:00 | Friday to Saturday from 10:00 to 20:00
Red Light Secrets
Red Light Secrets
Every night, thousands of people visit the Amsterdam Red Light District to see the ladies of light. Most people only see the red lights, but few really know what goes on behind those windows. Prepare yourself for a thorough education.
As you walk through the glittering bedrooms and bathrooms, you will be amazed at how comfortable and chic these spaces are. You will find out how the ladies are cared for and can feel safe during their work, which is both legal and protected in Amsterdam.
- Location: Oudezijds Achterburgwal 60h, 1012 DP, Amsterdam
- Price: Adult (18+) € 13,00
- Opening Hours: Daily 13:00 to 22:30
House of Bols | Cocktail Experience
House of Bols | Cocktail Experience
A visit to The House of Bols, The Cocktail & Genever Experience at the Museumplein in Amsterdam, is a unique adventure and an unforgettable, interactive experience into the glamorous world of cocktails, liqueurs, bartending and the Dutch liquor genever. At House of Bols you’ll learn all about Lucas Bols – the world’s oldest spirits brand, where liqueurs have been made in Amsterdam since 1575! You will also discover Bols Jenever – Dutch rediscovered spirits.
- Location: Paulus Potterstraat 14, 11071 CZ, Amsterdam
- Price (including one drinks): Regular (18+) € 15,50 | Premium (including free gift) (18+) € 19,00
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday 13.00 – 18:30 | Friday and Saturday 13.00 – 21.00
- Location: Meeuwenlaan 88, 1021 JK, Amsterdam
- Price: Adult (11+) € 24,50 | Kids (0-10) not allowed
- Opening Hours: Daily 11.00 – 19.00
Holland Casino has several casinos in the Netherlands and one of the finest is located in the centre of Amsterdam. In addition to many games, the casino has a nice restaurant and bar.
- Location: Max Euweplein 62, 1017 MB, Amsterdam
- Price: Adult (18+)
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12.00 to 03.00